Read Part 1 of the November newsletter here.
Some of the improvements to the TimeForge products are detailed below.
TimeForge Scheduling – Improvements for Employees
The employee side of TimeForge Labor Scheduling has received a number of improvements over the past few months, including some major improvements this past weekend. These include:
- Employees can now delete their own pending requests, without requiring manager approval. This allows employees to become “available” for work without needing to involve management.
- Searching for available shifts is now easier than ever. Employees can view qualified “open” shifts with a single click , or they can search for specific shifts by date and time. Once a potential shift is found, a shift swap request can be made directly through TimeForge, with a single click.
- The employee interface has been improved to show shift notes, sections, and make the screens more user friendly.
TimeForge Scheduling – Improvements for Managers
The management side of TimeForge Scheduling has received many improvements over the past few months, including some important improvements this past weekend. These include:
- The Schedule Summary screen now includes a number of useful metrics, including the number of variable hours scheduled, non-variable (management) hours scheduled, as well as the hours, labor costs, and the costs of breaks. A number of other important numbers are recorded on this screen as well!
- Many of our users have requested the ability to forecast , forecasting for sales, customer counts, inventory orders, schedules, or staffing levels. Many of you want to be able to compare labor costs, labor hours, or scheduled shifts directly to the projected numbers to see how the schedule stacks up. In Excel, this is very hard to do accurately. It’s now available in TimeForge! Managers with TimeForge Scheduling Basic, Pro, and Max can enter daily, hourly, or quarter-hour manager projections (or actual values), and TimeForge will display and enforce labor percentages in the schedule. Check the TimeForge Blog for an upcoming tutorial on the usage of the TimeForge Forecasting System.
- Adding and editing schedules has never been easier! TimeForge automatically adds new shifts as you type, reducing the number of clicks that it takes to create a schedule. Also, the schedules can now be sorted by position, start time, end time, or employee.
Other information about the TimeForge update can be found in Part 1 and Part 3 of this newsletter.
Are complicated employee scheduling practices taking up precious time at your business? Are you making the best possible labor schedule? How much turnover is created because of bad, or late, schedules? Did you know that TimeForge can reduce turnover, improve retention and increase profits at your business? Sign up today for a free trial!