The team behind the TimeForge employee scheduling software has been quiet over the last month, hard at work on version 1.9.2 of TimeForge. After four weeks of work, and countless requests from our users (thank you!), we are proud to announce the latest release of the simplest employee scheduling program available for retail and hospitality businesses!
So, what’s new in TimeForge? A lot! Some of our improvements include:
- A new graphical editor system! The number one request from our users since we released TimeForge has been to add a graphical editor to the schedule. Well, now you have it! From one screen you can now add or edit positions and employees, make or use templates, view availability, and display all of the shifts.
- You can now switch between a schedule detail view, a daily view, and a weekly summary view when building your schedule. At any time, the views are only one click away! Each view gives you and your management team a different perspective of your schedule, hours that have been allocated, and the costs related to your labor schedule.
- The Schedule Detail View displays every shift on your schedule, sorted by days and positions (or departments). You can quickly edit the shift start/end times, change employees, and view the availability of your employees. This view of your employee schedule scrolls vertically, and is the default view of your schedule.
- The Daily View is a new perspective of your schedule. This view displays a single day on a chart, and can be sorted by position or employee. An additional sorting option, called the “Shift List” displays a simplified list of your shifts for the day. While editing or adding a shift, you can easily see when employees are available to work. You can also add or edit employees and modify positions , all from one screen! If you would like to add shifts or employees in bulk, just click on the “Edit All Shifts” button.
- The Schedule Summary View is another perspective of the schedule, which displays an hourly summary of your employees. This view is sorted by employee names, and will quickly display who is working, on what days, and how many hours they are scheduled. Each day has a total number of hours, and each individual employee has a total as well.
How long does it take to make an employee schedule? It should take less than 5 minutes! Did you know that labor costs could be as much as 30% of your expenses? TimeForge can help streamline and minimize labor costs through effective employee scheduling at your restaurant, bar, or club.