What's new in TimeForge v1.9?
We are pleased to announce TimeForge version 1.9 , the easy-to-use employee scheduling program for food-service (restaurant, bar, club), hospitality (hotel, motel), and retail companies.
Thank you to our users who provide priceless feedback about the software so we can make it easier to use!
This version provides significant enhancements to all TimeForge users, and includes several dozen new and improved features. Some of our time-saving improvements include:
- Availability and requests both received drastic improvements for both managers and employees. You can now view weekly availability on a continual basis on a calendar. Availability is color-coded based on when employees “want to work”, are “available to work”, “do not want to work”, and are “unavailable to work”. Requests awaiting manager approval are also displayed for employees. This is what the improved requests look like:
- In addition to the calendar view of requests, TimeForge users can quickly make new requests, or change availability by using “drag and drop” techniques. Each day of the week is split into hourly segments, and you can now click and drag to create schedules in a single click. Of course, our flexible scheduling system still allows users to build both simple and complex requests!
- Many areas of the scheduling system, including the creating schedules from templates, publishing a new schedule, and deleting schedules are significantly faster.
- A new field is available for employees, which allows managers to enter an identifier for tracking the employee (such as an internal employee number).
- Internationalization! TimeForge now works in Canada, the United Kingdom (England), Australia, Ireland, France, Spain, Scottland, and many other countries. The best labor scheduling system from the US is now available to anyone, anywhere. In fact, if you are a multi-location (or multiple unit) operator, with stores in different countries or locales, TimeForge will appropriately manage notifications for the whole team.
- Do you schedule more than one location from within your TimeForge account? The improved scheduling system in version 1.9 will automatically disable employees that are already scheduled to work at other locations. TimeForge already disables employees that are scheduled to work on other conflicting schedules.
- Day parts have been renamed “Work Periods”, which is … simple. More improvements with “Work Periods” and “Day Parts” are coming in Version 2.
- A number of minor bug fixes, improvements to Internet Explorer 6, and other changes.
Of course, we look forward to your ongoing comments about changes to the TimeForge scheduling system.
How long does it take to make your employee schedules? It should take less than 5 minutes! Did you know that TimeForge can streamline and minimize labor expenses through effective employee labor management at your retail business, bar, club, or restaurant.