In many states, employees receive paid or unpaid break periods and meal periods according to the law. The TimeForge Breaks Module allows management to enter rules which manage employee breaks and meal periods, letting you easily control and track breaks for on-duty or scheduled employees. After enabling the Breaks Module, you’ll be ready to customize your break and meal period options so they are tailored to best suit your company’s needs.
You can add your state, federal, or company mandated “Break Rules” or “Meal Period Rules” and delegate whether the break is paid or unpaid, optional or required.
After adding the necessary breaks, TimeForge can automatically place employees on the schedule and will stagger the breaks to keep employees from all taking the breaks at the same time. Alternatively, managers can specify each break individually.
When using TimeForge Breaks in conjunction with TimeForge Scheduling, you can:
- Specify breaks based on hours worked, position, or duration of work scheduled
- AutoScheduler™ can quickly stagger breaks for each scheduled shift
- Schedule and manage both paid and unpaid, and optional and required breaks
- Print break reports and worksheets to track employee signatures
Employees can begin or end their breaks with the click of a button. You can set options to allow employees to take breaks based on the scheduled break settings, specify all breaks as a certain type, or staff can select what kind of break they will be taking (paid, unpaid, optional, required). If preferred, you can print out the break worksheet and capture employee signatures for any waived or new breaks.
By using TimeForge Breaks in conjunction with TimeForge Attendance, management can:
- Track employee breaks (paid, unpaid, optional, required) for labor reporting
- Automatically take breaks based on the schedule if staff forget to break in or out
- Simple one-click conversion of unpaid breaks to paid breaks (and vice versa) in the “Edit Attendance” module
- Real time web and mobile view of labor and tracking of which staff members are on break
- Alerting and Reporting with TimeForge automatically staggers employees breaks when you add them to the schedule, so your business is always covered by capable staff.
Because the reality (attendance) is often different from the scheduled breaks, you can also see a display of employee breaks based on the employee’s scheduled hours with our Break Report, and track breaks that employees have taken, or should take, based on the employee’s scheduled work hours with our printed Break Worksheet Report. Our detailed and comprehensive reports make it simple and organized to view employee habits and work histories.
You can opt to be alerted via text, e-mail, or TimeForge message if staff members do not take their scheduled breaks after a certain number of minutes. For example, if you set the alert to notify you after 15 minutes of a missed break and an employee was scheduled to take a break at 1:00 pm, but has not taken a break at 1:15 pm, you’ll receive a notification via e-mail or text message directly to your phone or computer.
TimeForge is a best-of-breed employee management system, and our online application of the program allows for constant software updates and improvements live to your system. With TimeForge’s innovative online management software, you are always at the top of your game. TimeForge completes tasks like managing breaks in a matter of minutes – saving your company valuable capital.
TimeForge’s do-it-all program makes the headache of managing employee breaks a thing of the past. Sign up for a free trial today!