As a restaurant owner, scheduling workers is critical to running your business effectively. While a small restaurant with two or three workers doesn’t have problems working out schedules, it becomes complicated when you own a restaurant and supervise at least ten workers. That’s why restaurant scheduling software is important.
In most cases, scheduling by hand is a wearying task, and considering how busy your restaurant can be, it is something that demands more time and attention from you. Why waste your valuable time and energy in pondering which worker works on which shift when you can use a reliable restaurant scheduling software?
Restaurant employee scheduling software plays a critical role in helping you handle your business efficiently. Effective employee schedule software can maximize employee productivity. Even if you have a demanding restaurant, this tool will help ease the job of delegating tasks. This software will allow you to focus on the more demanding aspects of your business such as managing finances and marketing your service.
What is restaurant scheduling software?
Restaurant Scheduling Software is an application that helps restaurants manage their employee schedules. Managers use it to create and manage employee shifts, track employee hours, and manage employee availability. Some software, like TimeForge, also tracks anticipated sales and overall labor costs in the same place. This allows you to compare your labor costs to your actual labor needs.
Why should you be using it?
Here are some of the ways restaurant scheduling software can help enhance your business:
- Easily input your employee contact details so they can be well informed of their shifts for the next working days.
- Even the most exasperating task of dealing with shift swap requests becomes easier with the restaurant scheduling tool. This tool automatically updates schedules. It also notifies all parties involved if a manager approves a request.
- With effective restaurant scheduling software, you can avoid conflicts or overlapping in schedules, double shifts, and turnovers. It also improves communication between employers and their staff.
- You will know who among your employees are on leave or on break, and which specific leave or break they are in at the moment.
- Requests for preferred schedules and vacation leaves are automatically considered when fixing the schedules. Employees are immediately informed if their requests are approved or denied.
- Finally, restaurant employee scheduling software is a great way to reduce administrative costs and is one the best strategies to increase your company’s productivity. Start learning about this new technology to help grow your business.
You should be using a labor management system that makes your life easier! TimeForge can quickly and easily build your staff schedules, manage attendance, reduce labor costs, and streamline employee management. Sign up for a no risk free trial today!
For more tips on managing a restaurant, check out our Restaurant Management eBook.